Located in Eastern Europe, Ukraine is one of the most sought-after studies abroad destinations for medical studies. Ukraine is the second-largest on the continent after Russia. The capital is Kyiv (Kiev), located on the Dnieper River in north-central Ukraine.
Ukraine is bordered by Belarus to the north, Russia to the east, the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea to the south, Moldova and Romania to the southwest, and Hungary, Slovakia, and Poland to the west. In the far southeast, Ukraine is separated from Russia by the Kerch Strait, which connects the Sea of Azov to the Black Sea.
Languages of Ukraine
The vast majority of people in Ukraine speak Ukrainian, which is written in the form of the Cyrillic alphabet. The language—belonging with Russian and Belarusian to the East Slavic branch of the Slavic language family—is closely related to Russian but also has distinct similarities to the Polish language. Significant numbers of people in the country speak Polish, Yiddish, Rusyn, Belarusian, Romanian or Moldovan, Bulgarian, Crimean Turkish, or Hungarian. Russian is the most important minority language.
During the rule of imperial Russia and under the Soviet Union, Russian was the common language of government administration and public life in Ukraine. Although Ukrainian had been afforded equal status with Russian in the decade following the revolution of 1917, by the 1930s a concerted attempt at Russification was well underway. In 1989 Ukrainian once again became the country’s official language, and its status as the sole official language was confirmed in the 1996 Ukrainian constitution.
The country is home to top government medical universities offering MBBS, MD, and other medical/medicine-related degrees to students. Top medical universities in Ukraine are all recognized by major organizations such as the World Health Organisation (WHO) and United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Why Study MBBS in Ukraine?
Medical aspirants who are looking to study MBBS education abroad can choose Ukraine, the country that has so many world-ranked medical universities to which Indian students can apply. There are so many applicants who have questions in mind that Why Study MBBS in Ukraine? For those applicants, we have pointed out some important points about MBBS in Ukraine.
Top Medical Universities in Ukraine offer courses at MBBS in different specializations at a very affordable price for Indian students. If we talk about the fee structure of the program, then medical education in Ukraine is cheaper as compared to Study MBBS in India.
There are so many MCI/ NMC Recognized Medical Colleges in Ukraine that allows the entrance of Indian students after the completion of higher education. Indian candidates who wish to become a doctor and want to complete the MBBS program from here need to qualify for the NEET UG Exam.
Hostel Facilities in Medical Universities in Ukraine
- The candidates are provided with fully furnished Hostel facilities.
- The fee of the hostel varies based on the different sizes
- You can have dormitory rooms in this university
- The candidates can take the shared room here
- The candidates can have the private apartments
- You have to negotiate for the rent of the private apartment
- The students will have the facility of a shared kitchen in this medical institution
- Here, the emergency services are always given in this university
- You will face no safety issues here as they have arranged tight security.
- You need to sign an agreement for having a hotels facility for 6 years
Food Facilities in Medical Universities of Ukraine
- Being an Indian student, you can get the facility of Indian mess and Indian food
- There are different types of cuisines are available in this country
- You do not have to worry about the food as the food cost is cheaper here
- You can have some Indian dishes here
- The tastes of the new dishes never make you feel bored
- They have maintained the hygiene factor here.
- There are grocery shops are available for the students
Weather Condition in Ukraine
- In this country, January is the coldest time.
- During this time, the temperature falls 0 degrees C
- The temperature during summertime may vary between 25-30 degrees C.
- The temperature may differ based on the climatic condition
- More than 290 radiant days are here in this country
Student Life in Medical Universities of Ukraine
- The student's life is exciting and bright here
- The students will be given a healthy environment for studying.
- You can have free access to the internet facility here
- The candidates are given the hostel facility
- The expert faculties of this university encourage you to take part in the various events
- The candidates are encouraged to participate in international events, sports curriculum
- The Indian students will get the chance to celebrate various festivals here
Brief Info about the Country
Official language: Ukrainian
Location: Central-Eastern Europe, part of the East-European plain, between 44”20′ and 52”20′ N and 22”5′ and 41”15’E.
Area: 603 700 km2
Climate: moderately continental, except for Southern Crimea, where the climate is subtropical, of the Mediterranean type. The Carpathian climate is also mild, with warm winters and rainy summers.
The average winter temperature is from -8° to -12° C (from +17.6° F to +3° F). In the Southern regions average winter temperature is 0° C (+32° F).
The average summer temperature is from +18° to +25° C (from +64.4° F to +77° F), although the maximum temperature can be more than +35° C (+95° F).
Best times to visit Ukraine: summer, late spring, and early autumn.
Population: 47 732 079 (25th in the world, population density – 80 p/km2)
Currency: hryvnia (letter code UAH, digital code 980)
Time zone: GMT+2 (UTC+2)
Internet top-level domain: ua
International phone code: 380
MCI/NMC Approved Top Medical Universities in Ukraine
Every student who passes its high secondary education wishes to get admission to MCI Approved Medical Universities in Ukraine. There are so many universities/colleges available in the country in which Indian candidates can get admission easily. We have mentioned the list of Top NMC Approved Medical Universities in Ukraine for international candidates, students are advised to check once before admission.
The Ukraine Ranking of the Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University.. View Details
Danylo halytsky lviv national medical university is one of the biggest.. View Details
The ranking of Ternopil State Medical University in Ukraine is 15th... View Details ..
According to 4icu Ranking, the ranking in Ukraine is 16th... View Details ............
The Bukovinian State Medical University Ranking in Ukraine is 27th... View Details ...
Approved from the top medical organizations of the world like NMC, WHO.. View Details
The Ranking of OO Bogomolets National Medical University is 23rd in Uk.. View Details
The Kyiv Medical University of UAFM is one of the reputed private medi.. View Details
According to 4ICU, Kharkiv National Medical University Ranking in Ukra.. View Details
The Ranking of Vinnitsa National Medical University in Ukraine - 64th. View Details